Saturday, November 12, 2011

Tea & Tinsel

Greetings! We've been busy here on the farm with fall check ups and getting ready for babies!  Still no little lambs but we've almost finished the breeding for our Nubians.  The hens have enjoyed the warm weather and have been laying lots of gorgeous pastel eggs for us.  This time of year as I reflect on what we've accomplished on our farm I am adding to my list of all the things I want to do next year.  Herbs and veggies I want to grow (stevia & okra), animals we want to add (heritage hogs) and of course buildings (milking parlour, green house, arbor in Big Garden...).  I think the hope of Spring is what gets this Outdoor Girl through the winter.  To keep busy during the cold months I like to get crafty and read lots of books.  I am blessed to have friends to get crafty with who constantly inspire me.  Recently some of us got together to make wreaths, ornaments & hoop art. 
For constant inspiration blogs are my favorite.  Check out some super cute ones on my side bar.  Today however I went to an annual Holiday Shopping Experience in a nearby town.  Oh the goodies were endless!  There was the most amazing lady who repurposes items into jewelry full of history.  I couldn't resist!  And a few of my friends who are fun artists had booths where I snatched up this darling crown for my bedroom!  Vintage and lace seem to be everywhere this holiday season!

My boys are busy playing XBox, hunting for deer, wrestling and practicing their drums so mama is nursing her tickling throat with these yummy lemon drops and hot tea with honey while I snuggle under my grey wool blanket dreaming of all the delightful Christmas Tinsel Decorations I want to tackle. 
                                                                  Keep Cozy!!!  

No comments: