Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Footprints in the Frost

Good Morning from Northwest Missouri where it's a chilly 15 degrees!  This is the time of year when having animals on the farm can be more of a challenge.  Although I've winterized as much as I can it is still a challenge to keep farmgirl and animals cozy. 
This automatic waterer for the sheep and goats is not supposed to freeze but the past two days the top 1/2" has been frozen.  I chop it up and retrieve the mini glaciers with my hands.  Brrrrr!

A heating lamp is burned out in the chicken coop so a trip to the farm store is planned for later today to buy all the critters extra goodies like dried meal worms, cracked corn, peanuts for the goats and fancy minerals for the sheep.
So glad hubby got me these warm Muck Boots that will keep my feet toasty when we're trudging through snow drifts soon.  Hopefully Santa will bring me my own Carhart & Bibs!  Oh how my list has changed!
Now that chores are done I can snuggle with my babies who are recovering from being sick.  Stay warm!

No comments: