Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Metallics in the Landscape





Every day when I look out my kitchen window at my herb garden I am amazed at the resiliencecy of plants.  My sage is a rockstar this time of year.  In fact the only star of the season.  The mint is still a bit green but the chives have disappeared and all of the annuals; basil, parsely & oregneo.  Lemon Balm and Thyme are holding on but the sage....oh the sage.  I have always loved the silver leaves.
We just had a winter thunderstorm so the wet leaves around the plant look like a rich bronze....just gorgeous.  Even my Tri Color Sage is looking good.
At the end of the season I had placed straw on top of the beds but the chickens spread it around for me.  In places I didn't put it.  Or want it.  But they looked cute doing it.  They do bring me joy.  Their feathers shimmering in the rain like twinkling lights on the Christmas tree.  Taking it a bit too far????  Yea.  Maybe that is stretching it a bit. 

On another note if you love to decorate like I do, especially with metallics and natural elements, you'll enjoy Silve Sage Designs.  Check them out on Facebook or online here....   http://www.silversagedesignstudio.com/website/sites/web/docroot/home

May your Holidays Be Merry & Bright!

No comments: