Monday, January 16, 2012

My Weekend in Pictures (with short descriptions)

I must first let you know that I am in no way a photographer.  Until the iPhone I have been the mom who never had the camera and begged the Good Moms to send me copies.  Hubby had bought me a cool camera I just never knew how to use it.  Still don't.  But I'm determined to learn.

I was tickled pink with delight at this gift of a gorgeous electric butter churner from the sweetest lady at our church.  I cannot wait to make butter!!!!  Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!  Best. Gift. Ever.



My boys play hockey.  Here is a cool shot of one of them going after the puck at a gorgeous outdoor rink.  We had to leave before dark to get there in time for the 8:20 game.  We were late.  And got lost on the way home.  Shhhh don't tell my husband I told you.




Hubby worked on our remodeling project.  Currently my three small boys share a room.  It's very crowded......thus the remodeling of the basement.  Therefore I must clean out all the goodies that are in the basement to make room for construction.  Here are a few of the items I have been gathering to decorate the boys' rooms with.  I have quite the collection started so that means a lot of hard work for me. 




These homemade noodles were super easy to make and tasted better than they look.  I did not take any pictures of the burnt homemade spaghetti sauce or the black garlic bread.  Not kidding. 



I am learning to knit.  I'm terrible!!!  I can crochet but knitting has been hard for me to catch on to.  Luckily I have some very sweet & patient friends who are trying to teach me.  I can't wait until I can use these new knitting needles I got for Christmas without swearing under my breath.



I LOVE to read!  And I usually read several books at once depending on my mood.  I have these by my bedside right now.  I like to read fiction back and forth with books about subjects I want to learn.  I am also back and forth between 2 books on my Kindle that I try to take with me.  I usually read books about financial goals (Suze Orman right now), spiritual, gardening and something fun I want to learn about.  What are you reading?  I'd love to know.

2 comments:

Jillibean said...

I am anxiously awaiting Catching Fire to be available at the library! I love your pics, did you use your phone or your fancy camera? I hope your remodeling is going quickly and smoothly!! Is it getting close to being done yet?

Jillibean said...

I am anxiously awaiting Catching Fire from the library. I love your pics, did you use your phone or your fancy camera? Hope your remodeling is going smoothly and quickly!! :-)